Monday 5 November 2012

Natural beauty treatments...

...from the kitchen.

 I'm not too keen on spending loads of money on creams and potions, nor do I put much time or effort into make up or beauty products, but I do sometimes enjoy a bit of a pamper session. I prefer to use natural products. My skin is pretty sensitive, and I tend not to react to simple food products in the same way that I can react to chemical products.

 I am no expert, but these are treatments that I have used successfully myself;

Yogurt face mask.
Supposedly, yogurt has properties which help prevent acne, it is good for clearing and disinfecting pores, and full fat yogurt can moisturise dry skin. Honey is pretty well known for its antibacterial properties. All I know is that this mask feels nice on my skin, and is a great way to use up out of date yogurt!

- Mix up a couple of tablespoons of plain yogurt with a squirt of honey.
- Spread it over your face, and leave for 15 mins.
- Wipe off with a soft facecloth, rinse and moisturise as usual.

Egg and honey face mask.
1 egg
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
Mix them all up together, apply to face. After about 15 mins, rinse off and moisturise.

Cinnamon and nutmeg acne mask.
Nutmeg, I am told, has anti-inflammatory properties, and cinnamon is a natural antiseptic and exfoliant.
Mix to a paste 1tsp each of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and honey. Spread on face, and rinse off thoroughly after half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment